Thursday, March 14, 2013

Confucius and Confusion

Sounds really funny, since I was very young I am a confused boy, very puzzled and bewildered, but never lost for what I want.

I am confused by the life, the meaning of life, and think the world is full of confusion. That's why I picked confusion as my nick. Then I tried to find the adjective for confusion and I don't like confusional(?), so I decided to use confusious(even though no such word), then people are thinking I was wrong and should be confucius. Well, should I change this to the famous ancient great Master Kong? Let me know your answer:)

Confucius Says (子曰)is so profound, and let's review the Top 10 quotes from Master Kong (so many and I just pick what I like:):

Just a thought: I have to say sorry to Master Kong, since in the end he was confused and failed. The Only savior is Our Lord! Don't you agree?!

1. “Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself.”

己所不欲,勿施于人。

2. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.”

知之为知之,不知为不知,是知也。

3. “Keep what you say and carry out what you do.”
言必信,行必果。

4. “A gentleman sets strict demands on himself while a petty man set strict demands on others.”

君子求诸己,小人求诸人。

5. “The Superior Man is aware of Righteousness, the inferior man is aware of advantage.”

君子喻於义,小人喻於利。

6. “The gentleman wishes to be slow in speech but quick in action.”
君子欲讷于言而敏于行。

7. “When I walk along with two others, they may serve me as my teachers.”

三人行,必有我师焉。

8. “He who learns but does not think, is lost. He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.”

学而不思则罔,思而不学则殆。

9. “He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.”

工欲善其事,必先利其器。

10. “If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?”

君子坦荡荡,小人长戚戚。

太多啦,加一个:有朋自远方来,不亦乐乎?
Is it not delightful to have friends coming from distant quarters?

2 comments:

  1. interesting, a lot of sayings actually are consistent with Bible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 子曰:吾,十有五,而志于学,三十而立,四十而不惑,五十而知天命,六十而耳顺,七十而从心所欲,不逾矩。

      Delete