Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Come on, Google!

Personally I have great feeling about Google technology until today!:((

As an outdoor person, I love to blog my travel, hiking and often post a lot of images.

Due to some unpleasant reason I need to remove some images from my blog, I thought all my uploaded images should be easily managed by me, so I removed some images form my blog and google photo, but the images still exist with the link like:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7T5MQDsXSVE/XVbUdA38OvI/AAAAAAAAR7I/Qr4UsMF6FBEXlKtmQIgtMZbFDMGLuaj1gCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_20190731_123441.jpg

So I spent about two hours to figure out how to remove the images, then I found out that you have to request removal of images such as in:
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals?pli=1

Well, I have to say that sucks! Just want to mark it for any future use or anyone have same experience with me.


After an image is removed from a website, it may still appear in search results for a little while.
To remove these images from search results, follow these steps:
  1. Search on images.google.com for the image you want to find.
  2. Select the image link by right clicking on the image thumbnail and choosing  Copy link address.
    Note: Different browsers may have different names for copying link location.
  3. Go to the Remove outdated content page.
  4. In the box next to "Request removal," paste the URL.
  5. Click Request removal.
    • If you see the message "We think the image or web page you're trying to remove hasn't been removed by the site owner," follow the steps on the screen to give us more information.
    • If you see the message "This content is no longer live on the website," click Request removal.

      Why Google doesn’t remove most images

      Most images that show up in Google’s search results are from websites that aren’t owned by Google. Since we aren’t the owners of these sites, we can’t remove the images from the web.
      Even if we delete the image from Google’s search results, the image still exists and can be found on other search engines, or if people visit the URL directly.
      This is why your best option is to contact the site's webmaster who can remove the page entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment